Vehicular Homicide Defense in Wisconsin
What are the penalties for vehicular homicide in Milwaukee or negligent operation of a vehicle?
When you are facing homicide charges in Milwaukee, Sheboygan or anywhere in Wisconsin, you need the homicide defense lawyers Sheboygan and Milwaukee depend upon for homicide defense.
The penalties for negligent operation of a vehicle are still considerably severe. They involve 10 years in prison and/or fines of up to $25,000. This Class G felony is still a very severe charge.
A homicide conviction will change your life forever. Choose the Milwaukee criminal defense lawyers at Birdsall Obear & Associates. It will be the most important decision you make. Our Milwaukee homicide defense attorneys will work aggressively to defend your case.
Homicide by negligent operation of a vehicle
This crime contains two parts, with the only difference being the status of the victim.
- Section 940.10(1) of the Wisconsin Statutes covers homicide of another human.
- Section 940.10(2) of the Wisconsin Statutes covers the unborn child victim.
The elements of such a case must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt:
- The defendant operated a vehicle
- The defendant operated the vehicle in a manner consistent wtih criminal negligence
- The defendant’s criminal negligence caused the victim's death
Criminal negligence means that:
- That the defendant’s operation of the vehicle created a risk of death or great bodily harm
- The the risk of death or great bodily harm was unreasonable and substantial
- Thatt the defendant should have been aware that his operation of the vehicle created the unreasonable and substantial risk of death or great bodily harm
Contact the best Milwaukee and Sheboygan Homicide Defense Lawyers.
Attorneys John A. Birdsall and Kirk B. Obear are Milwaukee criminal attorneys who have won countless cases over the past decades. Their aggressive defense strategy is unsurpassed and has placed them among the best Criminal Defense Lawyers in Milwaukee.
Homicide charges many times carry special circumstances that only the Milwaukee criminal lawyers of Birdsall Obear & Associates will know how to confront, confidently and efficiently... and win your case.
Our Homicide Defense Lawyers in Sheboygan and Milwaukee know how to confront and challenge illegal police action, whether it's improper search technique or other violations, if we find that your constitutional rights were violated, your case could be dismissed.
Our lawyers are simply the best homicide law firm Wisconsin has to offer. Contact our Milwaukee Criminal Attorneys at Birdsall Obear & Associates.